Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I met an Angel today...

Thought y'all would get a kick out of my adventures this morning...

My life is certainly never dull - nor is it lacking interesting characters - I seem to be a magnet for them.

Was on the bus this morning going into town and there is this guy... Wearing ratty jeans - hot pink leg warmers with silver tinsel - a shirt that I think survived Woodstock (and hasn't been washed since) and a fisherman's cap. The appearance was odd enough on it's own (though I did covet those snazzy leg warmers). Oh! And his work boots were in a grocery sack dangling from his arm. He was also holding one lone, raw hot dog like a magic wand ala Harry Potter... Now what made it really interesting is he was singing the song from The Smurfs under his breath (you know, the La La La La song) but at the end of every verse (?) he would bark - just one short "bwarp" and shake like a dog shaking off water and then raise his hot dog in the air and shout (at the TOP of his lungs: "PRAISE JESUS!" or "PRAISE SANDRA!!!" or "HALLELUJAH!!!" The first time he shouted he startled me so bad I fell of my seat and into the floor...

But anyway - his name was Angel and he is waiting for them to let him fly away home but instead he rides the magic bus.... "Beep beep!" he says.

And then we are back to the Smurfs again.

What a morning.

Praise Sandra!

I love public transportation. I just wish I would have had my camera with me.