Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Boo...

I am in the middle of packing/moving/Hell.  We have to be out of the apartment by this weekend.  Fun stuff.  Not really going to miss this place with the drug wars outside, the constant barrage of Police sirens, the insane maudlin whackbag next door that knocks on my door all day long for no real reason (her record is 59 times in one day).  What I will miss are the local ghosties that have taken up shop here.  Everyone in the complex has had experiences here, but since we moved in they seem to have taken a liking to me and decided to hang around - A Lot!  They're a fiesty bunch, too.  Forever moving or hiding things...  Opening cabinets (which I, of course, walk into with much fanfare)...  Turning off the TV you are watching right at that best part - and simultaneously turning on the TV in the other room to Yo Gabba Gabba or some other such madness...


They've been more active than usual lately and I had just written it off as being close to Samhain - active energy - all that jazz.  The other morning I was talking to Mimi in here on the computer and they turned on the TV, full blast to The Shining!  The part where that wretched little boy is shouting "Redrum!" over and over and Shelley Duvall is braying like a mule.  Heck of a way to start the day, lemme tell ya!

But, now, I think there's more to it than just Samhain.  Had all the kitchen stuff laid out to pack.  Dishes in the floor with the newspaper to wrap them in all that jazz.  Went to the back to get a cigarette and my coffee, turned around and the dishes are gone.  Gone, y'all.  Not in the living room.  GONE.  I was completely gobsmacked.  Walked into the kitchen and all the empty cabinets that I had left open are now closed.  I'm now a little bit shaken at this point.  I open the cupboard, and lo and behold - ALL my dishes are put away...  Back in the cabinets.  Perfectly organized...  I am just stunned.

I really think I am gonna miss these boogers when we leave here.

And I am beginning to suspect they may just miss me as well...

Now, if only I could talk them into helping me PACK rather than UNPACK...  We'd be rockin'!

:: UPDATE:  What a trip.  Check out Mimi's blog from this morning... ::