Monday, November 30, 2009

I WON!!! (Well, kinda sorta..)


The gossip site Gawker was holding a Thanksgiving Horror Story contest last week for the most outrageous holidays tales.  On a whim, I decided to submit one I had written a couple of years ago inspired by the lovely antics of my family on the holidays!

AND I WON!  Well, I at least got mentioned.  I about crapped myself!!!  I really thought I had won won at first but then I had to calm down and realized I was an honourable mention for The Overly Dramatic Oscar.  Still a big deal to get mentioned.  Gawker is a pretty well known site!  I am so excited!!!

You can check out the Gawker page here (I'm at the end of the list just before the grande prize - gotta love the new title they gave it) - or you can read it on Redhead Dancing here The commenters on Gawker thought I should have won - AND I was compared to Flannery O'Connor

That's winning in my book!!!