Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'll See You Again, Someday

Today would have been my sister's 32 birthday.  Most times, it doesn't bother me.  I remember.  I reflect.  But today, looking back over the last 24 (I think) years and recalling all that has happened in the years since her death - and all that is unfolding - my heart hurts.  She would have been gaga over The Twins - and they over her.  I can so see her and Gabey being inseparable.  We (my siblings and I) are all grown and adults now with our own lives - and she is frozen in a moment in time so, so long ago.  I guess it's getting to me more this year because my own life is in such a state of flux and transition that I have to pause to wonder where her own life would have carried her.  Who she'd be today...  It's almost weird to miss someone you've not seen in over twenty years, and how that longing can bring a tear to your eye even after all this time...  So strange to think of the child I was then, who I became...  And who I am now.

 
"It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing, no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today"
- Kenny Chesney, Who You'd Be Today

[Video after the jump.]