Thursday, February 4, 2010

Honest Crap

I was awarded the Honest Scrap award by Miss Penny Lane over at The Winter of our Discontent.  The rules of the game are as such:
"The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or two. First, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award. Third, let all the people you've given the award to know that they've gotten it (comment on their blogs or something). And finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you."
So here I sit trying to come up with ten things...  What to share?  What to hide?  What won't freak my readers the fuck out and send them running crazy and naked to the nearing Nutcracker?
  1. I am terrified - paralytically paranoid - of birds.  Fuck you, Alfred Hitchcock.
  2. IRL, I am painfully shy.  Wallflower hide in the corner shy.  I often get misread as being a snob because of it.
  3. I really despise cunty feminists that foam at the twat about not getting respect but then, when they do get the said respect they are oozing about, they foam at the ass about that too.
  4. I really adore cunty drag queens.  As long as I am on the right end of their cuntishnessery.
  5. I am colourblind.  I see colours, but I have great difficulty differentiating them.  I've never, ever,  seen the colour purple in my life.  I've trained myself to recall numbers for different colours.  Inversely, however, I see shade and tone better than most people with perfect eyesight.  That's what has made me such a good hair colourist and make-up aritist (and graphic designer).  I don't get hung up on the red/yellow/blue aspect - all I see it what is complimentary in tone and shade.
  6. I hate wearing shoes.  I wear them as little as possible.  Even in winter.  They just feel weird to me.  BUT - I collect them like they are going out of style.
  7. Cult leaders fascinate the hell out of me.  (Bah Dum Bum) Not for WHAT they achieve, but for how they do it.  How does one get so many people to believe so much bullshit with such abandon?  Totally intriguing.
  8. I do well to remember what day it is - short term - but I have a memory like an elephant.  I can remember details from when I was a toddler with startling clarity.  Must be a writer thing...  Perhaps?
  9. I can do live readings and the Tarot with such accuracy it frightens people.  I am very touch-me-not because of it.  I get flashes from people just being around them.  I hear their worlds.  It's like a hundred TVs tuned to a hundred different stations all at once - and on full volume.  This is also a reason I rarely leave my home.  I don't know how to turn it off.
  10. I am about bored to shit with trying to come up with a number ten.  I have walked away a dozen times now...  So ten is just ten.
Okay...  Now, there's my ten(ish).  I am not going to tag you specifically because I adore - and engage - with all of you on a somewhat regular basis.  So, if you would like to participate - please do.  I would love to read your ten.  These are such a great way to get to know one another.

HOWEVER!  (You knew that was coming!)  If you do choose to play, please link back to me - as I will to you, of course - and you MUST use MY new Honest Crap button now instead.


Pleats, Love, and Whirled Peas, y'all!  And don't forget to dance!
- Rabbit