Monday, February 1, 2010

A Month of Me: Day 6 (In which most Bloggers would offer some bullshit apology...)

Yeah.  But I am not most Bloggers.  And I never said it was 30 consecutive days in the first place.  

I have just felt real disconnected lately - from blogging - from the Twat-o-verse - from life in general.  Everything - and everyone - annoys me.  I just haven't been able to stand all the twattage lately.  It just seems like an endless stream of virtual diarrhea..  All everyone does is either try to one-up each other or, inversely, bitch, moan, whine, and complain about everything under the sun.  Yuck.  Wipe your ass and shut the fuck up.  And don't even get me started on Facebook.  It's even worse.

Which is why I have not really blogged anything much in the past few days.  I haven't anything of worth to say.  So rather than becoming one of these people that I am so growing to despise, I have just shut myself the fuck up.  I know if I don't want to hear it from everyone else, everyone else more than likely does not want to hear it from me either.  I've gone through are pared down a huge chunk of people I was 'following' in an effort to eliminate that which irks the boobie.  Get rid of the garbage, so to speak.  

While I realize that for many this whole blogging/twatting/facebooking is their outlet - their forum - to act a douche in ways they never would IRL, that is not what it all was (originally) for me.  Back in the day, blogging used to be people coming together to share ideas, and like-minded goals, and thoughts, and debates...  Not an all out bitchfest or look how cute my kid's shitty diaper is or woe is me my life is the worst boo fucking hoo or such and so on.  I guess it's reflective of the way of the world nowadays, though.  No one has an original thought.  No one has any concern for much other than their own hard on.  Everyone is violently desperate for attention and validation.  Everyone has to win.  Be it the most glorious - the most pathetic - the most outlandish...  

We live in a look at me society now, and often times, I wish I was blind.  And deaf.  And dumb.  (Because you know my ass aint never gonna be mute!)

Perhaps I am just reassessing my intent with the whole internettery world.  Perhaps I need to reevaluate with whom I associate and what I am hoping to gain.  I know the way of it now is doing little to nothing for me.  And, really, why participate if it is not somehow enriching your life, or the lives of others, in some way?  It's counter-productive and a waste of (everyone's) time.

We'll see where it goes.  This 30 Day thing (for anyone interested) really is proving to be quite a healthy endeavour.  It really forces you to look at things objectively.  You should try it...