Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Couple More

I did these two for my mom (KaLynn) back in '08.  These were an ADVENTURE - lemme tell ya.  Was meant to be an Xmas gift and I had worked and worked and worked on them - and HATED them.  The night before I was to leave to go to her house I got pissed and emptied ALL the black paint all over the canvases.  Blopped the whole mess out.  Canvases were soggy (and very black) - I had no idea what I was going to do.  I took the jacked up canvases and my art stuff with me and this is what I came up with while babysitting for my sister.  They ended up pretty cool - you can flip flop them several different ways and get a different image (totally unintentional) - plus my nephew Gabriel helped which makes it even cooler.  (Sorry for the crappy quality of the photos.)






These were inspired by the trees in her backyard a month or so prior to the holidays.