Monday, January 25, 2010

A Month of Me: Day 2 (Happiness is... And Cupcakes for You)

I've been itchin' all day to do day two - which is a good sign.  But now I am just so exhausted.  Not because it's 2 a.m. - but because the Saints played today and I have been worked up over this for a week.  And the game was just INtense.  And - WHO DAT! - we are now going to our first ever Superbowl and I couldn't be happier.  I cried when we won.  I am so proud.  I am just overcome with unmitigated euphoria for this win.  And no, it's not "just a game."  It's the love of all things that make our city great, it a banding together of a community, it's a standing together - arm in arm and revel in the passion that it New Orleans.  It's hard to explain and put into words if you've never been there...  If you have never experienced it.  There is no other place on the planet like the Big Easy.  I think Sean Payton said it well with this:
On the significance to this organization: "It's hard (to explain). Four years ago, there were holes in this roof. The fans in this city and this region deserve it. Like I said before, I'm just proud to be a part of it, to be part of something that is so special for this city and well deserved."


Proud is the perfect word.  I take nothing away from the Vikings.  They played a hell of a game, but this was ours to win.  We needed it.  We deserved it.  And we earned it.  Can't wait 'til we win the Superbowl in a coupla' weeks.  GEAUX SAINTS.

Now, for those of you that I have not yet run off...


Today I also feel validated.  Saturday I gave up on approval.  Sunday I began this 30 day journey.  And today, I am awarded for just being myself.  Now if that aint just the way of it, I don't know what it.  It feels good.  And like the Saints may be just a game, this may be just a silly blog award...  But it couldn't have come with better timing if you paid it in cupcakes.  Heather over at Welch Happenings has bestowed me with the Happy 101 award.  Sayeth Heather:
Rabbit, he is truly random, you never know what he will come up with to post. 
How punk rock is that?

I freakin' love it. The rules of the game are as such:

A. List 10 things that make you happy.
B. Try to do at least one of them today.
C. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. (Tag!! You're it!)
D. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, (should you choose to participate) you then link back to my blog and create your own "makes you happy" list.


So I thought this would be a good place for my ten and ten.


My Ten Happies
  • Numero Uno!  (can you guess???) DANCE!  Dance!  Dance!  In your chair.  In your living room.  In your head.  On the bus while singin' "Sittin' on the Toilet."  Just dance.  Go on.  Do it.  Shake that healthy butt!
  • 2.  Coffee.  Yes.  A simple gift from the Universe - but it's my only drug now!  It keeps me sane (literally).
  • 3.  Laughter.  Laughter truly is the best medicine.  If you can't laugh at it, you might as well just shoot it (or yourself).  I have learned with my busted up, broken (and broke) ass that you can pitch a titty fit and cry or scream or holler or throw peanut butter cookies at the t.v. (because the Vikings scored a touchdown) or you can just laugh.
  • 4.  Or you can say FUCK.  Saying fuck really makes me happy sometimes.  It's such a great word.  So applicable to so many instances.  Like the disgusted, pissed off fuck:  "Fuck!  That doood is such a twat rocket!"  Or the holy shit Annie Lennox just leapt screaming out of the radio and knocked me over the coffee table and almost made me crap my Calvins fuck:  "FFUUCCKK!!!"  (This happened on Wednesday, by the way - not two days after I fell down the stairs riding the garbage like I was mattress surfing in some jacked up Olympics of Trash - those Force Flex bags really ARE as tough as the commercial says! - and only a day prior to being attacked by Chaquita the Banana - it's been a fuck week.) Or there's always the yee-haw fuck as in "Fuck Yeah!" when the Saints win the playoffs.  (Sorry, still riding high on that one.)  Anyway, what the fuck was I talking about again...  
I lost my damn self....  Oh!  Happy Stuff!
  • 5.  Food.  I love to cook.  I love people to eat my cooking.  Cooking for me is like therapy.  Now if I could just train the damned dishes to clean themselves I would be happier than an overpaid hooker!!!
  • 6.  Creation.  I get a little spazzy if I am not creating something.  Or being a part of a creation.  Think of a research monkey with DTs.  That's me if there is not something coming forth from me.  Be it writing or drawing or singing or painting or cooking, even.  My spirit has to create and contribute to survive. It's just a part of who I am.
Wow...  Who knew ten things would be this hard to come up with...  Of course if I could ever stay on track, that might help..
  • 7.  I really enjoy blogging and all it entails too.  I have met some amazing folks that are just whole boxes of awesome in my blogging journeys.  The blog world affords us so many opportunities to meet and engage with those that we might not every be afforded the luxury of knowing otherwise.  I am now able to learn and share and grow with such a diverse group of people that I truly do feel blessed to have been given the gift of being a part of their worlds - and I hope I am able to return the favour.
  • 8.  This is kind of a cheat and ties in with number three - but Silliness makes me really happy.  When the Universe was squooshing me into being, it dropped me on my melon and all my good sense fell out.  All that was left was this big kooky wad of goofiness.  It's a great way to live.  I tried do all that serious, responsible, don't-act-like-that-in-public-or-they-will-call-the-men-in-the-van-to-come-get-you rountine.  But that's dull.  And there are kumquats at Walmart to be serenaded.  Who, if not me, is there to do that?  I am a singing dorkfish.
  • 9.  Music.  My world is ALWAYS filled with music.  I have the attention span of an epileptic gnat, so TV and movies and such are not real high on my list of things to do - but I always have the radio on...  Or the jukebox-on-crack in my head is playing - one or the other.  Tonight I was chair dancing to a song and when it was over - just for a split second - I looked around like "who cut off the radio" as my roommate was in the other room...  And I realized it was all in my head...  But, then again, that is true for most things beyond the looking glass that is my world.
  • 10.  Benjamin.  And no, Benji is not a person or a dog or even living to most of you.  But he makes me beyond happy, and that's all you need to know!
Whoo!  That was a doozy - wuddn't it?  And now for my top ten folkes list I'll keep this brief on the off chance that anyone is still actually here and reading this at this point.



My Ten Happy-ers
(In no particular order!)
Okay so I don't count very well.  There are so many outstanding bloggers around here and I am so terrified that I am going to leave someone out.  (If I missed you, I sincerely apologize!  I'd add every last one of you if I could!)

And there you have day two - if you are still here...  28 to go!

Woo hoo!

(Are you as exhausted as I am, now???  Dang! What a post!!!)