Sunday, January 10, 2010

Once upon a time...

Was going through some old files cleaning house and came across some photos of some of my old artwork.  Ironically, I have none of the originals.  My brother - at one point - had the painting - but who knows if he got mad at me and either destroyed or got rid of it.  He's good for that.  I really have no idea where it is now - or what's happened to it.  Heartbreaking, really, because it was one of my all time favourite pieces that I have done.  The other two were simple sketches on some old newsprint - they ended up getting stolen when my house got busted into - so I am sure they are long gone by now.  But anyway...



This one is (was?) called "Childhood."  It came flying at me out of nowhere.  It's hard to see in the photo but all that red is handprints.  Scared my poor roommate to death when I created that one.  She came home to that canvas in the bathtub and red paint EVERYwhere.  It looked like a murder scene.



I must have been listening to Tori when I did these.  The first one says "I've been raisin' up my hands.  Drive another nail in.  Just what God needs:  One more victim."

And the other reads "I've got something to say but nothing comes.  Yes, I know what you think of me.  You never shut up.  Years go by will I still be waiting?  Sometimes I hear my voice and it's been here; silent all these years.  My scream got lost in a paper cup."

I really need to start being creative again.  It's been ages since I last actually made something.  A year, maybe...  I think it's time.