Friday, December 18, 2009

A Ten Year (or so) Collective

This was inspired by several blogs out there that are doing their Top Ten-slash-Best of '09 posts.  I decided that since it's not only the end of the year, but also the end of a decade, I would look back at some of the blog posts over the years and see what my journey has looked like in words...  It's an interesting one, to say the least...
Once (A Poem), September 25th, 1999 - Hard to believe I was this happy at one point, as sad as that may sound.  I thought this was it.  "The One." The addressee and I are still (now) great friends, but the whole relationship went terribly awry.  It's nice to see this and remember how good it really and truly once was.

Drunk and Almost Dead, June 30, 2001 - And from that to this.  This one really shook me.  I don't even recall writing it.  I do recall, however, writing my own obituary (I used to work at a newspaper writing them), and toying with the idea of publishing it.  I even went so far as to place it on the page to see what it would look like.  The damn thing almost DID get published on accident by our idiot assistant at the time...

Go Away, October 15th, 2003 - I think sometimes, despite it all, we just yearn to be left alone.

Eggshells (A Poem), February 23, 2004 - This has always been one of my favourites.  It still holds true.

Travis (A Poem), March, 16th, 2004 - This is dedicated to a dear, dear friend of mine, Travis.  It was written the day he returned after being gone for a year when the war first broke out.

The Bug, April 22nd, 2004 - A funny.  (At last!)  I SOOO remember when this happened.  I got tickled rereading it.  It was pure bedlam!

Disowned & Owning It,  February 15th, 2007 - This is included because of its mention in my other post on lessons learned.  I think it is good to remember how real it all was.  And how hurt I was.  I am real bad to "it's okay" everything to death and gloss it over.  It's good to remember the truths of it all at the time it all went down.

Roscoe Jakob, June 9th, 2009 - Because he will be always remembered

Attack of the Suprise Doodie, August 6th, 2009 - Another funny - this time about Poo.

Coming Out of the Pain, November 11th, 2009 - This is one I really need to focus on.  Coming in out of it all and healing.  Moving forward.  I think it is a great summary of all that has passed and a beacon of hope for the future...

Wow.  One hell of a damned decade!!!  What a journey.  There were so many more than didn't make the inclusion - but if y'all are interested, it's all here (well, online somewhere).  I am not much of a packrat.  I don't often keep people for longer than they are worth.  But my words and memories stay with me always.  Those are worth keeping.